Safety provision is superb, and the professional driver is well catered for with an ergonomic workspace. You can also get more powerful engines in this range now, and the new engines have better fuel economy than the previous models.
Superb Safety and Security
This is a commercial vehicle with outstanding levels of safety provision. Every version includes six key safety features:
1) The new Electronic Stability Control (ESC) helps the driver to stay in control of the van even if grip is lost. It prevents collisions by reducing skids and loss of control through over-steering.
2) Trailer Swing Assist - this works with the ESC to detect when the trailer is swinging, applies the brakes and automatically reduces the power until the trailer is in alignment.
3) Grip Xtend will maintain traction in difficult driving conditions such as gravel, mud and light snow.
4) Hill Start Assist holds the vehicle on the slope for two seconds without the handbrake on. This gives you time to get the vehicle in gear and apply the accelerator.
5) A wide-view mirror helps you see that cyclist in your blind spot.
6) Rear parking sensors help with safe manoeuvring in tight situations.
Security is also important these days, and this vehicle has pre-wiring for an alarm, an immobiliser and remote central locking.
The van is available with new dCi Twin Turbo engines. Although they have more horsepower (up to 165), fuel economy is improved, with results of over 40 mpg achievable. It has a six-speed gearbox and a multifunctional trip computer with a rev counter. The Master’s engine options are based on fuel economy, flexible configurations and outstanding operational performance.
Comfort and Convenience
The Master is aimed at the professional driver, with an ergonomically designed workspace in the cab and an outstandingly comfortable contoured seat with adjustable height and back support and an arm rest. Everything is within easy reach, including those vital cupholders for the brew on the road. The driver gets top-of-the-range entertainment features too, including DAB radio, Bluetooth, CD and USB. A multimedia system will find the route to your destination and tune automatically to traffic news and accident warnings if you want them. There’s a 12v power socket on the dashboard and a centre console. Additional underseat storage and overhead parcel shelf provide extra storage solutions for the driver
If you’re looking for a minibus, the Master can provide 17 seats in a minibus that combines low ownership costs with a range of features for owners who either want to use the bus themselves or to hire it out. There’s also a combi option which is shorter and provides 6 or 9 seats depending on configuration. A great feature is the automatic electronic side step for passengers, and there’s an option to fit an aluminium roof rack, walkway and ladder - great for luggage.
All in all, it's a real workhorse of a van but with Renault’s customary style and reliability.